Wednesday, May 04, 2011

I Feel You

You left a scent

on your bed sheet,

and a shadow to

occupy your seat,

to always welcome me

and greet.

But most of all,

you left me love

with each heart beat.



No one feels your presence

more than me-

Is this how

It’s supposed to be?

That only I

can feel and see,

When others fear

to remember thee.



You are with me

the moment I open my eye

When I start my day

and gaze at the sky

Wishing that

I was the one to die.

You were so young

to say goodbye.



Life goes on as usual

for everyone.

Not for me,

nothing is normal

since you’ve been gone.

I wish, from my present,

I could escape and run,

And go back

to when you were with us,

my dearest one.



People keep telling me

that I’m wrong

because I keep singing

your song.

They claim I’m dragging

my grief too long

by keeping you

in my present, where

you no more belong.

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2011, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter,
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

No comments: