Saturday, September 23, 2006

From Samar Al Gosaibi

i opened my eyes for the first time after my major operation. confused of where i was, i noticed my daughther, noora, in tears hugging her father. i knew something tragic had happened because i have never seen noora cry that much before. as nabeel calmed her down, i couldnt help but ask what had happened. with a dry throat, trying really hard to speak, i began asking nabeel what had happened.

when i heard what he said, i couldnt help but say "what?! repeat." my eyes started to tear, thinking about my dear sister randa, i wanted to pull all the wires that were on me to go see her. to comfort her and just be there with her. for the first time ever, i felt i was in prison, not being able to see or be there for randa made the hospital ten times worse than it would have been.

although i wasnt there with randa, my heart was with her. i thought about her and prayed for her and samar. i couldnt help but remember randa telling me about how she and samar were traveling soon to go to york, to be there for her when she starts universtiy. i could tell from how she spoke, she is a proud mother. she kept saying how the house would be empty without her children there. and that she was going to miss samar when she leaves.

the few times i met samar, she was this bright beautiful girl. she was always smiling and seemed very cheeful. i didnt know samar that well, but i know her parents very well. they are bright, caring people with huge hearts. i'm very sorry for your loss, but keep in mind that this is not actually loss because samar is still with you, looking down at you from heaven.

i have also lost my darling brother in a car accident. 10 years have passed since then, but i honestly still feel him with me. in every step i take, when i eat, when i travel, even when i'm at home with my kids, i think of him. i try to take him with me in every journey i experience. so keep in mind, death is not the end, but it is a beginning of a beautiful, better life in heaven. samar will always cherish you, just like you cherish her.

all my love,
samar al gosaibi

No comments: