Sunday, January 04, 2009

2009

How can I welcome you 2009?
As you come without the daughter of mine
How can the stars for you shine?
When the brightest of all is with the divine
How can people go out to celebrate and dine?
Drinking glasses of champagne and wine
Tell me, how can I ever be fine?
When sorrow traumatized my veins and spine
And grief embraced me and in it I solely confine
Please pardon me if I don’t welcome you 2009


Randah R. Hamadeh, 2009, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

2 comments:

Redbelt said...

Um Samar..
That was lovely.
I've been reading your blog for a while now, and I have to say I am a little concerned.
You need to move on your life. I'm not asking you to forget, no. But I don't think that floating endlessly in this tragedy is a healthy thing.
You need to find closure ma'am.

I'm sure she'd want you happy too.

Fatemah said...

Dear Um Samar,
I know it's so hard to forget, and how every corner of your house enlivens the memory of her when she was alive.
You need to move on just like red belt said.. see even if she died it doesn't mean she is dead thank god they can still visit us in our dreams. I'm sure your daughter was a beautiful person inside out, that's why god took her soul; good people die young.
Believe me Samar wouldn't be happy feeling your pain. try to pray for her a lot before you go sleeping and may god send her to you in your dream.