Monday, August 04, 2008

My Heart is Broken

Although my tears have mostly dried out
Yet every minute I cry for you and shout

Your passing left my heart broken
With a lot of pain, mostly unspoken

How can a mother's broken heart still beat
After seeing her loving daughter motionless on the street?

How can a mother see her daughter fully clad
In a snow white sheet without feeling miserable and sad?

The wedding dress I was hoping one day to see you in
Has been replaced by a cloth so white and thin

I reminisce over every happy moment we had
And for having you as my daughter, I am so glad

I am so fortunate to be your mother
And so are your father, sister and brother

You have made us all very proud
As you are remembered by everyone all year round

If it was not for the love and memories you left behind
I would have been buried by now, next to you in the sand


Randah R. Hamadeh, 2008, Copyright©

Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

1 comment:

Mrs Dynamite aka Lorena +Wonder Women... said...

Oh This is so beautiful. Mashaallah. Im a Mother of one little kid she is 4 mashaalah. and i can feel your pain , (hugs) I will make duahh for your little one inshaallah .. May allah bless you and keep you strong
Lorena