Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Reem Ahmadi wrote

Dearest Auntie Randah,

I wanted to finally share my thoughts with you.

Searching for Sense.

For months, I struggled to accept the fact that Samar was gone,
as nothing I could think of made any sense.
For months, I visited the website daily, looking for answers.

Nothing made sense.

Why did a beautiful and promising young girl go so fast?

I felt that I had no right to grieve. Who am I to be affected by her loss?
I am not her sister, her mother, her classmate…
I am merely Omar's friend's sister…

In my search, I found this:
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience"
Teilhard de Chardin

Reading this gave me a different perspective on life.
While I might not have any control on fate,
it somewhat made fate a little more bearable.

I am still searching for sense in a senseless world.

You and your family are a symbol of strength, patience, and faith.
You are always in my prayers.

The poems you write are so beautiful yet heartbreaking.
I thank you for sharing them with us and letting us into your life.

forever your child,
Reem Ahmadi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Reem, how beautiful and wise your words are!!! Don't worry about making sense of it all...someday, insha Allah throughout a long life, you will accept that some things are best left unexplained until the time is ripe for you to make sense of a few things at a time. I am much older than you, and I continue to feel the pain of her loss. Oum Mohammad and Waleed Al Bassam