Monday, November 20, 2006

In Loving Memory...


I did not know whether or not I had the right to say anything, since I did not personally know Samar. I merely knew her as Qadar's little sister I now know that was a huge mistake on my part. When I heard of the news, I did not believe it… did not want to believe that something that tragic could happen. I wanted to call Qadar, give my condolences, but the words could not come out right. They refused to, and still, I do not know if I have the words to do Samar's memory justice.

However, not a day goes past when she does not come to mind; thoughts of a life cut too short. A beautiful, intelligent young woman with hopes and ambitions, who had so much to give to the world. Just because her life was cut short, though, does not mean she didn't accomplish much while she was alive.

The fact that Samar was able to touch so many lives in just eighteen short years should make those who knew her very proud indeed. Many pass through this world leaving little impact, but this was not the case for Samar. People who did not know her at all have been touched by the loss of her; she was truly one-of-a-kind. Um Samar… I have all the respect in the world for you and your family. Samar became the person she was because of the love and support of the people around her, most importantly her family.

And even though she is not physically among the people that love her, a part of her remains with everybody who keeps her alive in memory.

With the passing of a loved one, it is hard to remember that everything happens for a reason and it is all a part of God's greater scheme of things. But just remember that although she is gone for now and left you alone, and nobody will ever be able to fill the hole that her absence has left in everybody's hearts and minds, this is only temporary, and you will see her again. Do not be sad about the times you have lost, but look forward to the times you will have with her once again.

My prayers go out to your family; that you stay strong during these dark times. And if ever you need a helping hand, God is only a prayer away.

In memory of Samar Ahmed Al-Ansari, a loving daughter, sister, and friend to all… Allah yir7amha.

Naudia Jawad

No comments: