Wednesday, July 04, 2012

I Can't Get Up


I can't get up, I feel so stiff
my body aches as if I climbed a cliff

I can't get up from the pain
of not seeing you Dear daughter, again.

Another day without you there
with no moments to share.

I can't get up and face yet another day
without you hearing what I say.

What can a new day bring?
You? There is no such thing.

Dear Lord, hold my hand
Help me again on my feet stand,

Feel blessed to have my other two
and for the years with my child, though few.

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2012, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randah habibti
I know how much is difficult and I feel your pain Alah Ysabrek and again God Bless Omar and Qadar and all of you.
Tc habibti
Betty

Um Samar said...

Thank you dear Betty for your kind words.