Sunday, October 04, 2009

How Many Children?

“How many children do you have?” I am asked
My answer to them will never be masked

I have a boy and two girls, a total of three
Two on earth and one whose soul has gone free

Two my hand can reach and embrace
And one left us all with an empty space

She was so eager to meet the Lord
Perhaps, from this senseless life, she got bored

The person is speechless and in shock
It seems like I have hit her with a rock

But what else can I answer, if I may ask?
To make it easier on people is a difficult task!

“But you have two then, am I right?”
No! I have three even though she is out of sight

Don’t you count your child when he is away?
Then why are you so surprised, if I may say?

Didn’t I carry all the three in my womb
And in my life and heart gave each one equal room?

Then how can I now this fact deny
To save you the shock? Do you want me to lie?

Summer Rays Copyright© 2009
by Randah Ribhi Hamadeh
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You,indeed, have three...
May you embrace your grand kids and you'll tell people:"I have 30 kids", when you're asked:"how many kids d you have" !