Tuesday, July 14, 2009

You and I

How much I enjoyed
our being alone,
just you and I!
My beloved daughter,
friend, companion, and ally.
The special time we had,
I’ll cherish until I die.
The silence, talks, walks
and memories made time fly.
I wish the moment hadn’t arrived
for us to say good-bye.
I’ll miss
your look of understanding
into my eye
that says, “Mother,
it’s okay to cry.
You’re yearning for my sister,
your looks imply.
You’re doing your best,
I know how much you try
to hide your pain
and conceal a tear or a sigh.
Beloved mother,
for that don’t feel at all shy.
Allow me to share your thoughts
and your tears dry
for when I was a child,
you sang me a song or a lullaby
and comforted me
when my fears
were about to intensify.
Now it’s my turn
to ease your pain even if I
have to get you
a piece of the sky.
Rest assured, dear mother,
my sister didn’t die.
I see her alive in you,
a fact that I can’t deny.”

Summer Rays
Copyright© 2009 by Randah Ribhi Hamadeh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

makes my heart cry !!