Monday, July 06, 2009

Come fly with me

Come fly with me, mom
We’ll go places you’ve never seen,
Sights of which you only dreamed
You, like me, will be free
To wander in space
with love and peace.

I like to fly with you, son
Reminiscing of days bygone
Journeys we did before you were gone
I had no care in the world, then,
except to be with you, my son,
to visit lands we read about
places we imagined and liked

Come with me, mom
Bring your steady coloured wings
Flutter them against the wind
And they’ll carry you
beyond the horizon and the skies.

I love to fly with you, son
But I’m sorry my wings are not working
Since my heart was broken
when you left suddenly to the other side
Can I fly if I set them aside?

Yes, you can fly, mom
But make sure you leave your luggage
of sorrow and grief behind,
they are heavy they’ll slow you down.
No need to bring my photo Albums and poetry books.
There is no use for my PC, CDs and DVDs.
Here, you can do all in one click, a glance or a wink.

I’d love to fly with you my son
But I can’t go away without
My memories, my past
They are my link to you my son.

If you like to fly with me, mom
Trust yourself and your son
Your fate is what you are now,
A mother whose only son has gone
Centre yourself against the storm
Raise your head up and be proud
A single parent in a youthful life.
Stand upright, leave your fears behind
Then whoosh up into space.
You’ll find me waiting for you there
To carry you on a rainbow
to the magic world of the stars afar

Oh! How much I’d like to fly with you my son
But my wounds need to heal
Before I can fly
The deep cuts are hurting and full of puss
I’ll do whatever it takes to be with you my son
To hear you, smell you, touch you -
I‘ll practice taking off from the ground.
In spite of the pain and aches
I’ll get training all day and all night
I’ll carry a light weight bag filled with hope and trust.
And bring with me one identification paper: Haas’s mom

You’ll fly mom, I know you can fly
Open your arms, let go of the past
Lift yourself smoothly off to the skies
Keep your heart calm
and your eyes to the stars
Look for me, I’ll be in sight
Hold my hand tight
and together we zoom into the light
Where love and peace reside
You’ll fly
Yes, you will, you will fly.
When you let go, when you let me go-
That is when you will fly.

By Najwa Mounla
(Haas Mroue's Mother)

No comments: