Sunday, May 24, 2009

Could That Have Been You?

The dream was so vivid
beyond belief
It was very meaningful
although it was brief
A little girl appeared
and commented on my grief
gave me a big hug
and words of relief

She told me that her family
visits the blog everyday
and reads everything I post
and appreciates what I say:
“We are sad for you
and for you we all pray
Oh, bereaved mother!
I wish your days were not so gray.”

Beloved daughter,
could that little girl have been you?
Holding my hand
and comforting me as you used to do
The resemblance was great
the differences very few
How can I interpret the dream otherwise?
I have no clue!

So you came in a dream
to console my aching heart
to tell me that you’re with me
Even death can’t split us apart
And that you’re watching
what I am doing from the start
Oh, my angel
from my life you’ll never depart!
Randah R. Hamadeh©, 2009, Copyright
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari
(4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Um Samar

It’s lovely and soothing to read your dream and know that our beloved Samar is at peace.
Our children who have gone before us some times send us messages to teach us to be like them at peace.

I wish you love and peace.
Najwa - Haas's mom

Anonymous said...

Dr.Huda Al-Mahdi

My heart aches with each and every word you write..
my daughter is growing older and she's becoming so close to me...everyday passes makes her closer than ever.
I do know how you feel...can't find the appropriate words to comfort you...maybe my prayers would do!!
الله معاكي يا أم سمر العزيزة