Friday, November 14, 2008

If you had one more day

Daughter, if you had one more day
And the Lord allowed you to stay

I would have kept you in my arms
And kissed you more than a thousand times

I would have told you how you make me proud
And shouted” I LOVE YOU” out loud

I would have thanked you for every little thing
And the abundant joy, you used to bring

I would have told you how thoughtful you are
Watching over everyone from heaven, like a star

I would have apologized for causing you any dismay
While disciplining or during fun and play

I would have hugged you one more hug
And made your special tea in your favorite mug

I would have asked you to say “Mama” again and again
So that your voice gets embossed in my brain

I would have gone with you for one more ride
And bought you a special dress, that of a bride

I would have accompanied you to the places you’ll miss
Places you loved which witnessed your bliss

I would have gathered all your friends
To embrace you with happiness till the day ends

I would have baked your favorite apple pie
And pleaded to God to spare you and instead, I die


If only you had one more day
We could have said goodbye in a proper way

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2008, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr.Huda Al-mahdi

that's too tough to handle!!
May Allah be with you!

Anonymous said...

"Dear Randah -Um Samar
I love your poem "If you had one more Day" .It speaks for all of us, mothers who lost a child.

Your poem embodies Give Sorrow Words, for you express your sorrow in profound words
that speak to the core of our hearts. Sharing your grief with us help us ease the pain of separation.
Thank you."

Najwa-Haas'mom.

Mrs Dynamite aka Lorena +Wonder Women... said...

Im really sorry for your loss.. Im a mother and i cant imagine being with out my little one mashallah .. hugs