Friday, October 31, 2008

English Journal Entry # 4

A thought just occurred to me, why should euthanasia be legalized? I mean even if a person was critically ill, doctors and researchers could have found a cure in the time he was alive . Also maybe the patients could help in research by letting doctors test on them. I’ve been talking to people about euthanasia and most are against it. I was talking to my Dad who is a doctor, and he said although a doctor’s job is to relieve pain, he doesn’t think doctors should do it. I asked him about whom I should interview and he said someone whose patients have a seious illness and might die and I thought …. a cancer doctor! The book I’m reading about euthanasia is from the “Opposing View points” series, but I feel that it’s leaning towards the support of euthanasia more.

Samar Al Ansari
Grade 8A

22/4/2002

No comments: