Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Why are you not moving on?

I am asked “why are you not moving on?
It is over a year since your daughter had gone?”

These words hurt me and tear me apart
There is no end to the grief in my heart!

"Your tomorrow will soon be filled with joy
When you have a grandchild, a girl or a boy"

It is very hard to feel that you are suddenly alone
As others do not wish to continue hearing you groan

Try to understand me friends and loved ones
As you all have daughters and sons

And try to accept the person I became
Since the one you love will never be the same

I do not see at times when I open my eyes
This is what happens when a daughter dies

I will never be able to spend a single night or day
Without talking about my daughter, or for her pray

I know that for you, she and I are so dear
Be assured that to me this is crystal clear

I am sure that my well being is your concern
But please realize that every minute for her I yearn

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2008, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr.Huda Al-Mahdi

Your poetry tears my heart...I can never imagine myself in yourshoes..to me..you are strong..if this happens to me, I might follow my child to the grave!!
I pray for you everyday..believe me...I'ms sure Allah will eaze your pain soon.
Take care of yourself.