Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Tennis Routine

If I ate a tender fillet steak each and every day, I would still be hungry, hungry for change. I go to tennis lessons and what I do there is I practice my forehand and backhand and we rarely do anything else. Recently, I started to practice the surf, at the beginning it was fun but hard, but soon my surf improved. Lessons and lessons went by and we did that, but I didn’t have a problem with it. At first I enjoyed it, and it was a fun hobby.

At the beginning I loved it, it was so fun. The wind was in my hair, sweat drenched my shirt, and I loved the thought of being an athlete. When I played tennis it took my mind off things, because all I focused on was performing well. I liked having a hobby, and I wanted to keep it that way. My dad and I always talked about tennis since we both played it. The weeks turned into months, which then turned into years and we did the same thing; it became a routine.

Every time I went, all I did was forehand, backhand, and surf. That was so boring, and I no longer felt excited when I went, it was like an obligation. I felt bored and I wanted a change, but every time I confronted my instructor he said it would help me and improve my skills, and I guess that was true, but I could still improve my skills by having a small match with him!! I still continue to play tennis, because I love the sport, but I want a change. Change is good in life, if you stick to one thing you'll be bored and build resent towards it.

Samar Al-Ansari
Grade 8A
Hey Do you Remember the Good Old Days? Pp 6-7

No comments: