Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My First Day in the Land of Freedom

My palms were all wet, a drop of cold and salty sweat dropped from my forehead into my mouth, and my insides were churning; this is what I felt like as I entered the Middle School building. I enjoy being in Middle School now, but before experiencing it, I was petrified of it. Things are never as bad as they seem, if you dig deeper you will realize that they are actually good. The way I acted the night before my first day, how I acted in my first day of Middle School, and the comparison of Middle School to Elementary clearly explains this. I admit Middle School does have its ups and downs, but that just makes it more interesting. I can honestly say that the first day of Middle School was not what I expected it to be…fun!
The night before Middle School, I was so scared, my face was flushed, and I had this petrified look on my face. I felt very nauseated; my insides were doing flips and I had butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't go to sleep at night; I was worried that Middle School would be hard and tiring. Somehow, I managed to get some sleep, but then I was awake early in my uniform waiting for my siblings to wake up. When I was on my way to school, the nausea increased and all these thoughts entered my head.
I reached school, and by then I thought I would throw up. Those feelings of nausea soon went away when I saw my friends again. Believe it or not, my first day of Middle School was actually really fun. The canteen was a change for me, and I was overjoyed that I had the choice of choosing my own food. On that day, I had more fun than I ever had in Elementary.
Middle School and Elementary are two very different places. In Middle School, you have more freedom; you could do whatever you want to. You could pick some classes you think you'd enjoy. The canteen had better food than the food in Elementary. In Elementary, we didn't even have a canteen we just had the same foods weekly. Having lockers was probably the best of all. I no longer had to carry every book in my bag and break my back doing that. I also enjoyed having binders and dividers, in some weird way; it gave me a sense of responsibility, which I would never have had the opportunity to feel in Elementary.
I think Middle School is much better than Elementary, although they give us so much work. Sometimes I miss Elementary because things are simpler there, but I know I will be happier in Middle School. I think I thought too much about Middle School the night before, and I wish I didn't do that. Things are never as bad as they seem. I look forward to High School, and I will try not to over think things ☺

Hey … Do you remember the good old days?
An autobiographical Scrapbook about me, Samar Al- Ansari
Pp 12-15
Grade 8A

No comments: