Monday, July 09, 2007

The Family Reunion of a Lifetime

Picture this, a house filled with kids and adults playing, talking, and just enjoying each other's company, now doesn't that sound good? What makes this even better is that these people are family. There was a family reunion at my house, and it was special because the whole family hasn't been all-together at once for eighteen years. Although people aren't always together, that doesn't mean they're not close. In the family reunion the kids acted normally and were close to one another, this also goes to how the adults acted, and how we all acted when the photographer came.
If you saw how the kids acted, you would've been amazed of how close this family is. I loved being with my cousins and talking with them all night. We all played together, especially Nintendo 64, and I was having the time of my life. We used to scream and run together playing various games; we sounded and looked like monsters that just wouldn't be quiet. People say that adults and kids are different, but that is not entirely true.
The adults were having the time of their lives as well. They played this traditional Arabic game called Backgammon, and since my grandfather was the best, he had a constant smile on his face because he always won. The adults would sit together in the living room, sipping on their afternoon tea, and yawning continuously since they have just woken up from their afternoon nap. They remembered the old times, and then they would sigh and gaze into midair realizing how much they will miss each other once they leave. We wanted this family reunion to be remembered by future generations, and the only way to do that was to take pictures.
A photographer came to our house, and set up everything in the living room. Soon, he started snapping away taking glorious pictures. Everyone was smiling, and trying to look their best for the photos, but the kids didn't care so much about their looks. The kids laughed and made faces. The photographer took many pictures, lots of us all together, and some of each family apart. Looking at these pictures makes me realize how close we really are.
Everyone enjoyed himself or herself here, and we hope to do it again. It was an event in my life that I will never forget, because it is of great importance to me. My family is the most important thing in my life, and I literally wouldn't know what to do without them. My family isn't always together as a whole, but that doesn't mean they're not close. That is clearly shown in adults and kids' behavior and I think my family is the closest family around, and I would not trade them for the world.


By: Samar Al- Ansari, Grade 8A
Hey … Do you remember the good old days?
An autobiographical Scrapbook about me, Samar Al- Ansari


No comments: