Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chez Sami


Chez Sami is known to some of you
And maybe visited by a few.

A nice restaurant, by the sea
Where each wave brings memories to me.

It is not easy to visit an old familiar place
Without noticing my loved one’s empty space

I can’t hear those sitting around
As I listen to the waves’ sound.

I am immersed in moments of the past;
Happy ones that sadly did not last.

I miss my daughter very much
A feeling that time can not erase or brush.

This place also reminds me of Dad,
Whose absence as well makes me sad.

I wish I could stand up and shout
And Tell them what my silence is all about.

But I have to keep my feelings subdued
As breaking up their happiness will be rude.

Copyright © 2012 by Randah R. Hamadeh
Author, Summer Rays: Solace for Bereaved Parents
Written in loving memory of my daughter,
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After research a couple of of the weblog posts on your web site now, and I truly like your means of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site list and shall be checking back soon. Pls take a look at my site as nicely and let me know what you think.