Friday, August 24, 2012

Closure



Love goes on after a loved one dies
Since only the body in the grave lies.

The bond of love continues on and on…
It is felt in your heart after the beloved is gone.

So never tell the bereaved, “have closure” after loss
Forget this word and from your vocabulary cross.

Closure is used in deals and for bank accounts
But, love can’t be closed or measured in amounts.

Love goes on and has no door,
To lock and choose not to open anymore.

And if it is a mother who lost a child like me,
Don’t expect her to have a door with a magic key.

For love never dies with one’s own child,
A fact to which some are unfortunately blind.

Accept that love goes beyond a child’s death,
Felt by a mother as she takes each breath.

So please don’ t ask her to have closure and forget,
This will be the worst advice she can ever get.


Randah R. Hamadeh, 2012, Copyright©
Author, Summer Rays: Solace for Bereaved Parents
Written in loving memory of my daughter,
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful! allah yer7amha!

Anonymous said...

I'm 23 year old Kuwaiti girl studying at the States.. I feel really sorry for your lost! I've been reading your blog for the past two hours.
May her soul rest in peace inshallah!

Um Samar said...

Thank you for your kind comments.

GrahamForeverInMyHeart said...

I, too, have lost my cherished child. My son died suddenly almost 14 weeks ago.
Your poetry is beautiful and captures my experience of loss.
I've been searching online for blogs and websites by and for bereaved parents. I've consolidated them into one site
http://www.scoop.it/t/grief-and-loss
and I've added your blog. I wanted you to know.