Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Celebrate My Birthday

Today is my birthday
Mother, please don’t be sad.
Remember the eighteen ones
With you I had.

Celebrate my birthday,
Bake me a cake,
Put a smile on your face,
A genuine one, not fake.

Select any delicacy
From my favorite food.
Enjoy eating it for me,
To uplift your mood.

Watch the old videos,
Enjoy the times we shared,
Reminisce, find comfort, and
Be grateful how much you cared.

Open the photo albums,
Take a journey into the past.
It will help you little,
Even though the trip ends fast.

Put flowers in my room.
Four, you should save,
To take with you
When you visit my grave.

Hold my picture close,
Let me embrace your heart,
And tell you, “ I’m with you,
Death can’t pull us apart.”


Randah R. Hamadeh, 2012, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

No comments: