Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Oh Friend!



Oh friend! I feel so alone
Sadness in my heart has grown

After my children left home
You could hear a needle if thrown.

Though we are daily in touch,
Still I miss them very much.

I just can't wait anymore,
For them to walk through our front door,

And for the day when they graduate,
Come back and end this current state.

I would definitely collapse and crack
If I knew that my daughter will never come back.

Now, I understand why you have so much pain,
And realize that your longing will never wane.

Your daughter will not come back at all
Winter, spring, summer or fall.

For me it’s a matter of a year or two
I can’t imagine if I were you.

Sorry if I didn’t before understand
Criticized you, and didn’t offer a helping hand.

I find it ridiculous to complain
Honestly, I feel insensitive and insane???


Randah R. Hamadeh, 2012, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

No comments: