Saturday, June 04, 2011

Your sister is here

Oh! Dear Daughter,
Your sister is here.

See her name on that building,
 Large and clear

It’s her message telling us
That she is so near.

Ever since, we got on the boat
Her voice has been ringing in my ear,

I feel her hand on my shoulder,
She must be with us here

Through my eyes she is seeing
Paris’s glamour and cheer

A city she would have loved to visit
Had fate allowed her at least a year

I surely feel her presence
That is why I am shedding a tear.

Warmth is creeping into my heart
As I feel her- a feeling I endear

Do not think I am hallucinating,
Nor have any fear

That I lost my mind
Daughter, dear,

But believe in me, and that it is
Your sister’s voice I hear!

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2011, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter,

Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

No comments: