Wednesday, August 04, 2010

I Miss You

I cannot forget the look you had
You were so unhappy and sad
What is it that you wanted to say?
Tell me, dear daughter, I pray!

“Mother, I miss you isn't it clear?
I know although I am far and near
Yet I miss throwing myself into your arms
And receiving a kiss that always calms

Although I am happy here above
I want to be with the ones I love
I miss being with my friends
Enjoying every moment, until the day ends

I miss being with my sister and brother
Watching films and laughing with one another
I miss simple things like sipping tea
And watching the sunset by the sea

Do you know now why I was about to cry?
I wish mother I stayed and did not die
I wish that we can turn back in time
For these moments, I would have paid every dime”

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2009 Copyright©
Summer Rays, Page 29

Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

No comments: