Sunday, April 04, 2010

My Birthday

My birthday is today
Be happy Mother, meditate and pray

Although I am in heaven above
I continue receiving your gifts of love.

Remember all the birthdays I had
And how much you made me always glad

Today you should be very proud,
For I am still around

I accomplished on earth what I had to do
All that I did well is because of you.

Though my life was short and brief
I left a lot for you to find relief.

So beloved Mother, please don’t cry
In death, we have no say and can’t ask why

You and I are now one
You are my voice since I’m gone

Today, my candles you should blow
With a smile even as your tears flow

Put flowers next to my photo frame
Hug me and whisper my name

Give my brother and sister each a kiss
Oh how much their company I miss!

And in my name, a present donate
To someone who has an empty plate

This will surely be my gift
That will also give you a lift

Written in Loving Memory of my daughter,
SAMAR Ahmed Al Ansari
on her birthday

Randah R. Hamadeh©2010, Copyright

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know that are happy.

Unknown said...

It's your birthday and we can't be there, but we are carrying you in our hearts every where.