Sunday, March 21, 2010

I wish I saw you a mother

My dearest beloved daughter,
Samar
I wanted so much to see you
a Mother
Where at our home you and your kids
would gather
Along with your sister’s
and brother’s.
You and I looked forward for such
a get-together
You even named your kids
when others didn’t bother.
What happened to our dreams?
Beloved Samar
I wish I had seen you become
a Mother.
You would have been kind yet firm
with power
And your child would have been
your perennial flower,
That would light up my dark days
hour after hour.
Alas! You left so young ─
Those dreams we couldn’t acquire.

Randah R. Hamadeh 2010, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What better tribute to Samar on this day. No mother's day is a joyous day when one child has departed from earth but remains in our hearts and memories. Stay strong habibti.