Saturday, April 04, 2009

Twenty One

Today is the day you turn twenty one
A happy day not only for me but for everyone
But how can we celebrate it since you are gone,
When your eyes cannot see the sun?

Your last birthday with us you turned eighteen.
Where are the days when you were a teen?
All these days have passed with you unseen…
How do you look now? How have you been?

I wish you were here for us to celebrate
This special birthday that would change your fate
It is this year that you were supposed to graduate
I am sure you would have excelled and been great

But even though you are not here
My gift is ready for you, daughter dear
Poems of love and longing, so sincere
A special gift to mark your age this year

So here is your gift wrapped with my kisses
And all my love and special birthday wishes
Each letter, each word, your memory caresses
And tells you that you are the one everyone misses


Randah R. Hamadeh, 2009, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr.Huda Almahdi

Yestartdy I was at the cemetary. We burried my uncle three days ago. We went to read Sorat Yaseen and to recite some prayers.
I rememberd samar and put her in my thoughts.

May her soul rest in peace.

Take care of your self.