Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A nightmarish dream


Last night I dreamt of my son
A nightmarish dream I believe
Its been 17 months and a while
Since he was gone at 41

In the dream, Haas, 3 years old
Fearful, tearful
His body stretched tensely
Around my neck his hands held harshly
His small legs trying to reach around me
He held tightly, glued to me firmly

The dream was true, he was alive
I hushed his cries
I wiped his tears
We were one, he and I
A circle of bodies clamped together
Against the cruel and the unjust

They tried to pull him away
But could not divide
They tried to push us apart
But we were still one part
They had to strip off my skin
that was the only way.
For son and mom to split
To take him away
Wrapped in his mother’s membrane

The pain was great
I was awake.

By Najwa Mounla – Haas’s mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Web design
very useful, thnax a lot for thijs article ........ This ix what I was lookint for.