Saturday, February 23, 2008

Reflection on "Music Censorship"

Debating controversial issues is something I am not adverse to, for it is one of my favorite pastimes. The feeling of absolute excitement I get when trying to prove my point is indescribable. There is this adrenaline rush that goes through my body that makes me feel so alive. Even when I was this somewhat less stimulating project, I was rather excited. This year I haven’t been doing my work to the best of my ability, but with this project, it was different. I felt like I had to achieve something; I had to prove something. I feel that I achieved my goal of writing two balanced, well structured essays on the controversy over music censorship. This project was quite time consuming, and very tiring, but it was worth it. After all the research I’ve done concerning my project, I feel qualified enough to engage in a debate relating to it. I am a rather opinionated person, but this project has taught me that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that in order to let people agree with you, you must back up your arguments with substantial proof. Before conducting this project, I really didn’t have any say concerning this topic, I was somewhere in the middle. But after my research, I personally believe that music should not be censored in the USA, because in this day and age I believe that people should have the complete right to say whatever they want, within certain limits of course. But these limits do not go under music censorship. Music is a beautiful art, and art should not be censored. Even though I feel this particular way about my topic, I tried to the best of my ability to write with a non-biased attitude, and hopefully that it is evident in my writing.
Samar Al Ansari
Grade 10.3

No comments: