Wednesday, June 13, 2007

SAMAR's application to Honor Society

I would like to join the Honor Society, because I feel I have deserved this privilege. I have been in IKNS for twelve years, and I look back on the past years with sheer admiration. During these years, I have been a hard and diligent worker, with good academic, athletic, and social skills. I regard my studies with a high level of importance, but I never forget about the different aspects of my student life. Since the beginning of my academic career until now, I have received distinguishably high grades and have always been on the Honor roll. This year, I chose to take Math and English at an Enriched level, and Physics and Chemistry. I chose these somewhat challenging courses, because I wanted a challenge, and I know that these courses would be highly beneficial to me. I still excel in my studies, but I know I could do even better, and that is why this semester I have turned a new page and decided to start fresh.

Throughout my academic career, I have been an active member in extracurricular activities. In high school, my passion for these activities did not cease. These activities have taught me important ideas such as teamwork, sportsmanship, and cooperation. I have been in the soccer team since the seventh grade, and I have
joined the table tennis and badminton as well. I have also accompanied the school to Dubai for the under 16 women's team in the eighth grade and I was chosen this year as well. I enjoy giving back the community, and for that reason, I joined the Community Care Club last year, in which we went on numerous visits to the orphans, handicapped children, etc. This year I joined the Writing Club, the Calligraphy Club, because I have always been interested in the art of beautiful Arabic handwriting. The sports I practiced this year were soccer, tennis, but I am currently in badminton. I am a diligent worker and well rounded, and that in my opinion is what makes up a member of the Honor Society.

Samar Al Ansari 10.3

No comments: