Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sumaya Ali Wrote...

TIME…Samar wrote, “ is indeed the enemy of man…it is ironic how time is one of the most things hated by man, but at the same time it is one of the most things cherished by him.” When I read this, I couldn’t help but think of this enemy who took her away so suddenly, so quickly…but then, I thought, we must not hold a grudge over time…we actually, like she said cherish it, cherish every single moment it gave us with her. I personally, did not spend a lot of time with Samar, but knowing her all through school, being her sister’s friend, made me feel like I know her well. Her angelic face, her warm greetings, her fun personality made every moment of knowing her a pleasure. So, again I ask how can I hate time, how can I regard it as an enemy? But then, my thoughts take me in the other direction, why did time not allow more of itself for Samar to live…and no matter how hard I think and think, in the end I come to one conclusion, because time knew better that it was indeed time for her to go to a better place, where God’s blessings are all around her. Time, will pass and one day, one sweet day, we all shall meet with her, and for that we cannot hate time anymore. May god bless you our dear Samar, and thanks for these inspiring words, which just make it hard for me to believe that you are gone, because with these words, you are alive and with us all the time. Allah yir7umich!

Sumaya Ali

No comments: