Sunday, September 04, 2011

Death Anniversary Day

I want to celebrate your life today,
Your death anniversary day,

With white lilies, and roses everywhere
And incense scent filling the air.

I will spend some time in your bedroom
And spray it with your favorite perfume,

Remembering the chats and laughs we had
Reliving memories; the happy and sad

I will view your things and recall
The stories behind them all

And listen to your music collection as well
Recalling the comments you used to tell.

I will gaze at your picture frame
Hear your beautiful voice calling my name

Telling me, “Five years have passed, Mother
Since fate separated us from each other

Your feelings are still very raw
You didn’t forget for a moment, I know.

You remember this day with great pain
Reminiscing the events again and again.

Recalling the worst day in your life
Is like stabbing your heart with a knife

The unexpected phone call and what followed
And the hard facts that you after swallowed,

The flashback of this traumatic event,
Your helplessness and inability to prevent,

Will haunt you as long as you live
As moments of that day you always relive.

Yet, despite your pain, you kept my legacy going
Honoring my name and keeping it glowing

Thank you Beloved Mother, for keeping me alive
God bless you, and help you continue to survive.”


Randah R. Hamadeh, Copyright©2011
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brave Um Samar

I went through your blog in details, what a wonderful mother you are and what a wonderful daughter you were blessed with, you are so lucky that you spent so much time with her it shows from your photos what a happy young lady she was, with a mother like you inshallah she is also happy where she is now. She lives through you, you are a strong mother to be able to express this much love on beautiful footage. I am sure you miss her so much but this what gives you the strength to go on, God bless you and your family, and rest her beautiful soul in peace.

Maha Abdel Hadi

Um Samar said...

Dear Maha,

Your kind,compassionate and sincere note brought comfort to my heart particularly that it came from you,a person who doesn't know me and Samar except from the blog and my writing.
Thank you for the encouragement and support.
Randah Hamadeh-Um Samar

Anonymous said...

Amazing daughter and mother.