Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Never Dies


Love for our dead ones never dies for sure
With all the losses we have to endure.

Our loved ones are far but remain near,
Alive in our hearts and in our sphere.

Losing one’s child is the worst loss of all
It gets imprinted on our face and eyeball.

But, if you choose to keep your child alive
You’ll find solace and be able to survive.

A bereaved mother, God showed me the way
To keep my daughter alive everyday,

Hear her voice and see her face,
Watch her as she walks with grace,

Embrace her when I contemplate
And feel her touch, a feeling so great,

Imagine her sitting with us all
In our gatherings, large and small

My greatest comfort in these five years
Was writing her poems full of love and tears.

Keeping her alive in my life I don't ignore
That she’s not with us anymore.

God decided that it was time for her to leave,
Left me to keep her legacy, not only grieve.


Randah R. Hamadeh, 2012, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A bittersweet message:

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.