Saturday, February 04, 2012

Beirut


“Oh Beirut,
why all this rain?”
They are tears from heaven,
sharing your pain.

I’m sorry for
your grief, Dear,
your loss of a lovely daughter
whose life was so brief.

There is nothing I can do
except cry,
shed my tears for her
from the sky.

For she loved me
and I loved her too.
People are attached to me,
 I only to few.

She enjoyed my streets
as well as my sea,
I’m the place she loved,
and wanted to see.
                                                                                                          

Accept my condolences
sent from above,
Your daughter, I’ll always
remember and dearly love.


Randah R. Hamadeh, 2012, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)


No comments: