Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Incomplete

There is no joy with the start of a new day
Things are incomplete no matter what you say
My daughter is gone, Oh God why did I have to stay?
I should have gone before her! She should have been alive today
This is what I learnt as the rules of the play

How can a mother outlive her child?
It is something unimaginable, beyond anybody’s mind
My family is incomplete since my daughter died
And my tears cannot bring her back, no matter how much I cried
How can life ever be the same when she is on the other side?

This loss is the ultimate loss that no one can describe
With no limit to its grief, no line to circumscribe
There is no medicine for it that doctors can prescribe
It is engraved in the mother’s eyes, no need for anyone to inscribe
”Loss of a child”, no language will ever be able to transcribe

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2009, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr.Huda Al-Mahdi

Dr.Randa,
Your poetry is amazing!, especially the one in English..
ماشالله