Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I Am not Walking Alone

Beloved daughter, rest assured that I am not walking alone
Many are grieving for you with feelings explicitly shown
While others prefer to be private and in silence cry and moan
I now realize more than ever Gibran’s words “your children are not your own”
Words engraved in my mind now as well as in stone
The meaning of which I hardly realized the day you were born
I am not alone when I cry for you at the early hours of the dawn
As someone else is surely calling your name in a different time zone
It is incredible how many hearts ache for you and mourn
As you are the most amazing person they have ever known
And the kindest girl with whom they had grown
I wish that you know how much love towards me had blown
And that I was approached by many, even the withdrawn
To tell me how much they miss you since you had flown
And the many times they wished to talk to you and call your phone
Expecting a miracle! To hear your sweet voice with its unique tone
So rest assured, beloved daughter, that I am not walking alone.

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2009, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"You are right: 'You are not alone'
I walk with you on the pathway of grief.
I'd like you to know that I lit a candle for Samar today as today is the fourth . I lit another candle for Haas so Samar is not alone.
We are all walking together.
Najwa Haas'mom"