Sunday, November 16, 2008

English Entry Journal #7

Yesterday I didn’t write in my journal because I wasn’t here, I went and conducted my interview with Dr Fareed Khalifa. He is a cancer doctor so when I walked into his clinic I was scared to see the patients. My interview went well. I asked questions which really put him on the spot. He answered each question thoroughly and made sure I understood. He explained to me how wrong euthanasia and that definitely made me think euthanasia is bad. What is the difference between chronically ill patients and vegetables who are living on respirators? Is there a difference? I just read that people are allowed to have the choice to be hooked to these machines, if they have that choice why shouldn’t people choose to die? Does the government have the right to make people suffer? No, they shouldn’t but they don’t have the right to let people kill other people freely as if it was normal. I wonder how doctors who practice euthanasia feel after they killed the patients. Do they feel good that they relieved the suffering of the patients or do they feel bad that they killed and ended someone’s life? Doctors who help people kill themselves, shouldn’t be looked at as helpers because they are killers.

Samar Al Ansari
Grade 8A

5/5/2002

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very similar.