Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You Tumbled Short of Your Dreams

Daughter, you tumbled short of your dreams
Just like Daisy in the Great Gatsby it seems

Did you over dream precious child?
And your dream became unattainable and died?

And thus its attainability became very slim
An illusion replaced by a future that is so dim

I hear the recording of your warm sweet voice
I would play it all day long if I had the choice

You said “If only she would walk through the door!”
Words you had uttered not realizing what was in store

“Hope never dies” you also said
Where is the hope that one day I will see you wed?

And have three children to love and enjoy
The dream that would have filled us all with great joy

Your dream turned out like a castle in the sand
One blow and things went out of hand

And thus your dream did not become a reality
Just as in the Great Gatsby, except it ended in a fatality

Now it is my turn dear daughter not to over dream
But patiently wait to see your lovely face again beam

As you stand to welcome me at heaven’s door
When my time comes to unite with you, the daughter I adore

Until then, you are alive in my heart loved one
Even though if everyone thinks that you are gone

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2008, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(Note: SAMAR's IB Oral Exam was on the"Great Gatsby")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was the best of all....the best !

Dr.Huda Almahdi