Wednesday, October 08, 2008

English Journal Entry # 1

Flowers for Algernon

Progress Report 6-March 15

The operation didn’t hurt, he did it while I was sleeping. They took the bandages off my eyes and my head today, so I can write a progress report. Dr. Nemur, who looked at some of my other ones, said I spelled progress and report wrong, and he taught me how to spell them. I have to try and remember them.

I have a hard time remembering the correct spelling of words. Dr. Strauss says it’s OK to talk about all the things that happen to me, but he says I should talk more about my feelings and my thoughts. When I told him that I didn’t know how to think, he told me to try. While the bandages were on my eyes, I tried to think, but nothing happened. I don’t know what to think about. Maybe, if I ask him, he will teach me how to think. Now, that I’m supposed to get smart, what do smart people think about? Fancy things, I suppose. I wish I already knew some fancy things.

Samar Al Ansari
Grade 8A
21/9/2001

(Good Job:Checked by Summer Fakhro)

No comments: