Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Eighteen Months

Eighteen months! How did I endure?
Through faith and love that is for sure!

“Time heals” is the worst of all lies
As every part of me for her cries

Eighteen months without seeing her face
And without a hug or a warm embrace

The longing grows day after day
And the heartache deepens along the way

Eighteen months without her beautiful smile
And without a glimpse of her profile

She is my child, the apple of my eye
And thus for her everyday I yearn and cry

Eighteen months I have been carrying this pain
Sometimes I wonder how I managed to stay sane

Although I am surrounded with lots of love
The fact remains that I wish her back from above

Eighteen months living with the empty space
A vacuum that no one can fill or replace

So help me Lord to keep going along
It is only YOU who can make me strong!

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2008, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

No comments: