Thursday, February 14, 2008

You Are a Star

Dear daughter, I hope you know that you are a star
When you were alive and when you went afar

You continue to shine in so many people's hearts
A star that keeps glowing after it departs

Precious daughter, I wish I could bring back yesterday
To tell you all what I wanted and yearn to say

Although I told you "I love you” so many times
I still feel it needs to be repeated like chimes

You went, my darling, without saying goodbye
Beloved daughter, all my life for you I will cry

I was with you on every occasion since you were born
And accompanied you in each step, removing every thorn

However, the moment you were chosen by God to leave
I was not there with you, for that I will always grieve

Although I held you after and washed you with my tears
I wish I was there then to calm your last fears

I talk to you every second of my night and day
And ask the Lord to bless you every time I pray

I always imagined you to be part of my tomorrow
Instead, you left me darling, immersed in deep sorrow

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2008, Copyright©

Written in loving memory of my daughter, Samar Ahmed Al Ansari

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing can make me cry but your sad poems !!

Anonymous said...

I'm Dr.Huda Almahdi