Sunday, November 04, 2007

Can You Take Away My Endless Pain?

Can you take away my endless pain?
Then, stop preaching! Your plea is in vain

"It is good to do this or do that", you comment
"To have closure and move on, and stop your lament"

These words make my heart ache
Please, do not mention them for my sake

I know your intention is to comfort me
However, you are causing me pain, can't you see?

Time is the best healer everyone says
It will get better and easier throughout the days

You do not understand, it is a shame!
Believe me I know it is out of love, there is no blame

Is it a chapter in a book, which I can turn?
Or an incense stick that I can burn?

There are no seasons for my grief
My tears will keep pouring without relief

Even though her physical presence is no more
I know that she is with me, the daughter I adore

I hope that no mother would have to endure
The heartache that neither time nor words could ever cure

Randah R. Hamadeh , 2007, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter,Samar Ahmed Al Ansari

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm Sammar, Ya umm al ghalyeen wal helween! I hear your muffled cry, I feel your deep pain, I understand. I know, these words people say sometimes at a loss are meant as much to comfort you as they are to re-assure them. And I know that you blame no one. So be at ease with the few of us who are amazed by your courage and ready to absorb your cries without a comment. Although I don't see you often, I am only accross the bridge. I am not far. The tragedy of your loss is always present in my mind. You can ask me to come whenever you need me, I will do my best to come and to be silent next to you, just so that you don't feel so alone in your sorrow. May Allah assist you through this ordeal. Your friend Yasmine