Friday, September 04, 2015

Your Presence


I felt your presence in my dream
It was so real. I was about to scream.

Although I didn’t see you at all
I heard your voice calming my soul.

Felt your loving embrace and
Your kisses all over my face.
  
You felt the heaviness in my chest,
After your siblings travelled and left.

You knew the sadness I was in
And the longing that penetrates my skin


Dear daughter, don’t leave me and go
The Lord will allow you time, I know.

Tell Him, “My mother’s broken heart
Weakens when she and my siblings part
  
Ask the Lord to prolong your stay
Not only in a dream but all day.”

“Mother, separation causes you pain
But be sure you would see them again.

For now I have to say goodbye
And back to my world fly.

I promise you that I will visit you soon
During the night, morning or noon.

We love you mother that you know
No matter where we are or places we go”.


Randah R. Hamadeh, 2015, Copyright©
Author of Summer Rays: Solace for Bereaved Parents


No comments: