Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Memories


Tears rushed down my face
As we entered my cousin’s place.

Six years since I was last here,
My memories are vivid and crystal clear.

Everyone was so happy to meet,
While I gazed at your empty seat.

I could see you everywhere
Moving around here and there.

Happily sitting at the swing,
Heard you with your IPod music sing.

Also remembered my loving Dad,
Couldn’t help but feel very sad

Imagined him with his peaceful smile,
Talking to me in his calm style.

I couldn’t hold myself and started to cry
Everybody looked at me, they knew why.

Your sister then took me in her arms,
and gave me a hug that calms.

Your brother's eyes followed me too,
Worried and not knowing what to do.

They were helpless and in pain
My tears triggered their sorrow again.

 Randah R. Hamadeh, Copyright © 2012

Author, Summer Rays: Solace for Bereaved Parents
Written in loving memory of my daughter,
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

No comments: