Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mother's Day Gift



Mother's Day arrived bringing me pain,
Emphasizing my loss and agony again.

Pangs of sadness came all over me
As this day changed from what it used to be.

Frowns suddenly covered my face
When glancing at your vacant place.

Your siblings tried their utmost best.
Their efforts couldn’t put my heart to rest.

Then you heard my silent cries,
and saw the hidden tears in my eyes,

So you wanted to uplift
my soul by sending a special gift

Your message wishing me a Happy Mother's Day
Came through your dear friend today.

And a hug from another came out of nowhere
who arrived at the flower shop when I was there.

I held him in my arms and couldn’t let go
It was your special Mother's Day gift, I know.

Thank you, Daughter for your different ways
Which you find to ease my pain on special days.

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2012, Copyright©

Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

No comments: