Friday, November 04, 2011

The New Me

If you can't accept the "New Me",
From our friendship, I’ll set you free.

I am now a bereaved mother,
you can't alter this, don’t bother.

I had no choice, but to change
And all the pieces in my life, re-arrange

The tragic loss that I had to face
Ripped my heart from its place.

I had to adapt to my new self,
And all the aspects of my new life, itself

I was forced to accept my great loss
And the new path I had to cross.

Nothing is worse than losing a child
Thank God I didn’t lose my mind

I can't help but be the "New Me",
Sorry if that’s what you don’t expect me to be.

I'll always think of you with great love
And pray to the Lord in heaven above

That one day you’ll be able to accept
The “New Me” without sorrow or regret.


Randah R. Hamadeh, Copyright©2011
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

No comments: