Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Don't Ask Me

“Remove her pictures
and to her grave don’t go.
Empty her room,
you’ll feel better, I know

Because as long as you cling
to every thing
sadness will always
at your door bell ring.”

Your words
are breaking my heart.
You want me to forget
what of me is a part?

Now my beloved
is closer to me than before
I keep her in my heart
and close the door

Leave me alone
in the way I handle my grief
My heartache
is severe beyond belief


The ultimate loss of a child
is so unique
It will never ease
but makes the parent weak

And the mother’s grief
so profound
It gets deeper and deeper
as the years go round

So please don’t ask me
not to do this or that
But give me a hug
and about her let’s chat

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2009, Copyright©
Summer Rays

Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)
(www.samaralansari.com)

No comments: