Monday, May 24, 2010

Little Bo Peep

I closed my eyes
trying to get some sleep
Unsuccessful
even after I counted all the sheep
And after going over
the memories I treasure and keep
So I held my beloved's picture
and started to weep
Oh pain!
you have grown inside me so deep
The path of grief is long and steep
Where is the future
that she was supposed to reap?
Oh longing for my daughter
every moment,you creep
And keep me awake
when the world around me is asleep
Oh Lord, let me doze
and have a glimpse of her or a peep
in a dream as when
she happily drove the jeep
Or when she was running
on hearing her phone beep
Or when she was a child
and I sang for her "Little Bo Peep"
For without a glance of her
I can no longer this life upkeep

Randah Ribhi Hamadeh,Copyright
Summer Rays,2009
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh,Om-Samar...that is soooo touching....really genuine !
My heart goes with you :O(

dr.huda Al-mahdi