Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Going to Places

Going to places has not been fun
Since the moment you were gone.

I try hard to put a smile on my face
And hide the pain that I within embrace

But still I am asked "Why are your eyes so sad?"
"Do you have any worries or did your day go bad?"

Or they might ask," Are you not well?"
What shall I answer? "I am going through hell".

Suppose I say, "For my beloved daughter I grieve."
They will be in shock, I believe.

I try very hard to get along
And show the world that I am fine and strong.

But the plight that I have faced
Is engraved in my face and can not be erased.

So listen, stranger, do not venture and ask
It is better for you that I keep the mask.

The happiness that I once enjoyed
In going to places is gone, leaving me void.

Summer Rays Copyright© 2009
by Randah Ribhi Hamadeh

No comments: