Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mothers Day

Mothers Day has become so incomplete
As it emphasizes your empty seat

It comes and triggers tremendous pain
As you will never celebrate it with me again

The excitement you used to have when it arrives
Remains a cherished memory all our lives

You woke up early in your special way
To wish me a Happy Mothers Day

You gave me a present that you carefully chose
And placed a carnation on my food tray or a rose

I ask the Lord to help me this day survive
The heartache that it brings since you are not alive

I am helpless and there is nothing much I can do
Except enjoy the memories I shared with you

Thank you Lord for the love I always get
From my children who remember and never forget

The tremendous pain that everyday I am enduring
The fact that they understand is comforting and reassuring

I appreciate all the compassion and love that they give
My three are the dearest of all as long as I live

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2009, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

No comments: