Thursday, September 04, 2008

Oh September, you came back again

Oh September, you came back again
Haven’t you caused me enough pain?

Your days come and your days go
Without a glimpse of Samar and her glow

You are the beginning of a school year
But for me, you mark the month I lost my most dear

Where are the days I bought her the school books?
And purchased all that suited the New Year’s looks

And this year you’re back with Ramadan
The sacred month of the Holy Quran

Thus, my pain will be doubled in the coming days
As the memories of each rewinds and plays

Oh September, I wish you did not come
Yet, I realize that your coming is welcomed by some

But for me you are the month that marks my loss
How I wish from the calendar you, I can cross!

I was told with time my pain will wane
It will not! Even when I age and walk with a cane

Randah R. Hamadeh, 2008, Copyright©
Written in loving memory of my daughter
Samar Ahmed Al Ansari (4/4/1988-4/9/2006)

No comments: